Root Canal Treatments in Mansfield, MA
A root canal can save your infected tooth. Treat your infection as soon as possible to avoid tooth loss and other threats to your overall health.
We understand the fear that’s common with a root canal procedure. Our technology and sedation options help you experience a comfortable treatment.
Be aware of the signs and symptoms that you could benefit from a root canal.
- Your tooth is painful as a result of decay or disease.
- You experience prolonged sensitivity to heat, cold, or pressure.
- Your tooth either has a large cavity or has become discolored.
- Your gums are infected or swollen.
A tooth-saving procedure
A root canal prevents your tooth infection from worsening and damaging your surrounding bone and gum tissue. The infected core (pulp) is removed and reshaped to strengthen the remaining tooth structure.
Root canal treatment is common. The treatment experience is similar to having a tooth filled.
- The area of treatment is numbed, and a sedation method is also available to you during treatment.
- The diseased area (pulp) of your tooth is removed and cleaned.
- Healing material (gutta-percha) is put in and then a temporary crown is put on top of the area that has been treated.
- Following a healing period, your temporary filling is replaced with a permanent crown.
Important post-op care for your root canal
- For about an hour after your procedure, avoid chewing on your temporary crown and the area of treatment.
- Keep your crown in place by avoiding hard or sticky foods.
- Brush and floss routinely.
- Follow the instructions for any antibiotics that are prescribed.
- Use any recommended pain medication for persistent pain or discomfort that occurs post-treatment.
- Reduce swelling or discomfort by rinsing your mouth with warm salt water if necessary and as directed.
- Contact your dentist if you experience increased discomfort or sensitivity or if your crown feels uneven.
Most Insurances Welcomed and Maximized
Royal Dental Arts provides you with simple and easy solutions to cover the cost of your dental care. Insurance and payment options help reduce your out-of-pocket expenses. Our dental office is family-focused. We seek to accommodate you by accepting most dental insurance provider plans. Please notify us of your specific insurance coverage, as options can vary. See our insurance list and ask us about your plan before your appointment, treatment, or procedure.
The Proof Is In Our Patients
Our Team Is Dedicated To Serving You
Dr. Mahadi takes pride in her career, with a DMD from the esteemed Tufts University and over 20 years of dental experience, and focuses her new office on one goal: providing the best dental care that will promote healthy habits and give you results that last. Her services are extensive, including not only routine dental treatments but also dental implants, Invisalign treatment, and cosmetic dentistry. Working out of a state-of-the-art facility, equipped with CBCT Analysis, 3D Treatment Planning and Diagnosis, Guided Implant Surgery, and digital impressions. Dr. Mahadi’s work is supported by the latest, most precise technology in her field.
|Monday||10:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|